Meadowvale West, Georgetown, Mississauga, ON
RBI is an electrical and communication contracting and services firm, with multiple locations across Canada and the USA. We are searching for an energetic finance and accounting professional to work alongside our Corporate Controller to provide leadership to the accounting team and to execute on collections, financial statement preparation while managing cash flow.
We are not your typical electrical construction company. Our culture is rooted in an entrepreneurial mindset, thinking creatively and critically, working as one team, and leveraging our collective experiences to help one another in support of Robertson Bright’s overall mission to be “BEST IN CLASS!”. We believe in the power of laughter and thrive on having fun while we get the job done! We look for people who don’t just want a job but seek a career and taking OWNERSHIP OF THE PROCESS!
If you are a developing accounting and finance professional looking for a break through opportunity, have a solid understanding of construction WIP, and are looking to have an impact on the organization and the outcomes, then this development opportunity may be for you.
As the ideal candidate, working directly with the Corporate Controller, you will be a solid player in:
- Providing accurate financial data and cash flow planningthrough daily reconciliations and interactions with the accounting team;
- Ongoing negotiations andinteractions with both suppliers and clients;
- Budgetprogress monitoring, to facilitate the preparation and presentation of ongoing operational metrics;
- Financial Reportinginthe preparation of all accounting materials including monthly communication of financial statements;
DO YOU HAVE:
- At least 3 years of construction rooted financial and accounting experienceincluding WIP experience, with a business focused university degree, or the combination of education and experience;
- CA or CPAdesignation, or in process, would be preferred;
- A proven track record of collections, contract negotiations and cash flow management;
- Experience in monthly financials production, managing profitability, budgeting, forecasting and corporate finance.
Benefits that we offer:
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits
- Competitive compensation package
- Continuing Professional Development Funding
- Opportunities for advancement – growing company
- Service recognition awards
- Hiring referral incentives
- Company BBQs and events
- Philanthropy and Community Involvement
RBI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or status. Diverse employees/candidates are encouraged to respond. RBI is committed to developing and maintaining a workplace which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.