Salary: $55.00 to $85.00 /hour
RBI is an electrical and communication contracting and services firm searching for a few dynamic Journeyman-Electrician. If you live in the Vacaville, Fairfield, Davis, and Vallejo area, and are tired of the heavy traffic commute into San Francisco and/or Sacramento, catch the vision and join our team!
We are building a production driven team, performing electrical installations and troubleshooting with a focus on Industrial, Commercial and Institutional projects.
- Assembly, installation, maintenance and testing of electrical equipment and wiring systems in commercial settings
- Install and energize electrical cabling, switchgear and fixtures
- Install (or help install) electrical components
- Wire and work on equipment as per code and job specification
- Install raceway, conduit and cable tray systems, as well as troubleshoot electrical and control systems
- Read blueprints and electrical drawings, verify dimensions, alignments and clearances per drawings or plans and install as specified
- Valid California State Certified General Electrician Card
- 3+ years industrial, commercial and institutional electrical experience
- A proven track record of delivering safe projects on schedule and within budget
- Excellent working knowledge of the Building Codes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform physical tasks including lifting, bending, squatting, walking and climbing a ladder
- Journeyman Trade Certification in a related construction trade preferred
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits
- Competitive Wage
- Paid vacation
- Continuing Professional Development Funding
- Opportunities for advancement – growing company
- Service recognition award
- Hiring referral incentives
- Company BBQs and events
- Philanthropy and Community Involvement
Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain. Wear personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses at all times), respirator when required. Able to work 8 -10 hours per day, 40 hours per week, and overtime as required and night shifts. Includes crawling, standing, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, sitting, reaching, able to routinely lift heavy objects, in excess of 50 pounds, and pushing and pulling of objects is required. Repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers. Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of the job.
RBI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran. Diverse employees/candidates are encouraged to respond. RBI is committed to developing and maintaining a workplace which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.