San Ramon, CA
Salary: $95.00 to $99.00 /hour
Catch the vision and join our team!
Pacific Power & Systems Inc. is an electrical and communication contracting and services firm, helping clients for over 65 years with our expertise in industrial, maintenance, commercial, construction, network cabling, VOIP telephony and design build projects.
Pacific Power & Systems Inc. currently has openings in our Fairfield, CA location for the following full-time positions: Journeyman Electricians, Low Voltage Technicians and Service Technicians. Job descriptions and requirements are outlined below:
The ideal Journeyman Electrician will be:
- Responsible for assembly, installation, maintenance and testing of electrical equipment and wiring systems in commercial settings.
- Able to install and energize electrical cabling, switchgear and fixtures
- Responsible for preparing work area for installation of equipment.
- Able to install (or help install) electrical components.
- Knowledgeable of wiring and equipment as per code and job specification.
- Comfortable installing raceway, conduit and cable tray systems, as well as troubleshooting electrical and control systems.
- Able to read blueprints and electrical drawings, verify dimensions, alignments and clearances per drawings or plans and install as specified.
- Secure and lock-up equipment after use.
- A valid California State Certified General Electrician Card
- 3+ years industrial, commercial and institutional electrical experience
- A proven track record of delivering safe projects on schedule and within budget.
- Excellent working knowledge of the Building Codes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform physical tasks including lifting, bending, squatting, walking and climbing a ladder
- Journeyman Trade Certification in a related construction trade will be considered highly desirable.
The individual is required to perform physically demanding tasks such as lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, bending, walking, standing, extending and reaching to prepare and install electrical equipment and wiring. Frequent use of hands with dexterity is required to conduct specification reviews and takeoffs, and to operate hand, power and inspection tools and to install, move and position materials. Demonstrated ability to problem solve theoretical situations and manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive environment.
- How many years of Journeyman Electrician experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: CA Journeyman Card?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?