Greater Toronto Area, ON
Senior Electrical Project Manager
RBI is an electrical and communication contracting and services firm searching for a structured and bottom-line focused Senior Electrical Project Manager. If you’re looking to avoid the lengthy commute into Toronto from the the west side of the GTA, then why not join our team!
We are expanding our central services team with the addition of this role which will focus on project accounting and financial activities for electrical construction projects in our 4 geographic locations, across 3 time zones and in 2 countries. Join our team and demonstrate your commitment to results and being the best in the industry.We are looking for the best of the best to join our high production driven team, to direct electrical construction projects with a focus on Industrial, Commercial and Institutional style builds.
- Plan a construction project and prepare a project schedule;
- Process contract drawings and specifications and ensure that the project is built in accordance with these documents;
- Meet with Owners, General Contractor and others in a professional manner and have the ability to communicate effectively both the concerns and best interests of the company;
- Oversee regular, scheduled, timely, and accurate reporting and information flow to facilitate prompt billings and quickly transitioned subcontractor invoices;
- Ensure that the project is in a positive cash flow position and prepare Project Manager Reports accurately and timely;
- Maintains continuous communication with the client to pre-sell the monthly draw, enabling enhanced billing and prompt, undisputed payments.
- Construction Management or Engineering degree or equivalent combination of technical and supervisory experience as an electrician in the Commercial, Industrial and Institutional setting;
- 5+ years of experience/knowledge of electrical construction and project management;
- Proven ability to apply innovative management techniques to maximize employee performance thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards etc. and their impact on project activities;
- Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills
- Proficiency with computer systems and department software is necessary including Windows Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel). Accubid Estimating experience preferred.
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits
- Competitive Wage
- Paid vacation
- Continuing Professional Development Funding
- Opportunities for advancement – growing company
- Service recognition award
- Hiring referral incentives
- Company BBQs and events
- Philanthropy and Community Involvement
Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain. Wear personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses at all times when on site). Traversing uneven terrain on construction sites, as well as occasional climbing ladders and using lifts when required. Use of a computer and software to track and report on job progress, and a telephone to communicate verbally, as well as face to face interactions.