Greater Toronto Area, ON
Human Resources Generalist
RBI is an electrical and communication contracting and services firm searching for a dynamic and driven Human Resources Generalist to work directly with our Director of HR & Safety. We are not your typical electrical construction company. Our culture is built around thinking creatively and critically, working as one team, and leveraging our collective experiences to help one another in support of Robertson Bright’s overall mission to be “BEST IN CLASS!” We believe in the power of laughter and thrive on having a lot of fun while we get the job done! We look for people who don’t just do the job but take OWNERSHIP OF THE PROCESS!
In this unique role you will provide Human Resources recruitment, safety and benefits administration support across all the RBI locations in Ontario, Alberta, Nevada and California.
The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Talent Sourcing for attracting high caliber candidates,
- Interviewing to determine role and cultural fit,
- Benefits administration in both the USA and Canadian geographies,
- Safety program execution to help ensure that our teams are completing the required paperwork in the time frames and manner necessary for success.
- Well-articulated to prepare written job advertisements for online use, hold phone screens and host interviews.
- Innovative to source and target candidates using LinkedIn Recruiter, Indeed and other social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Organized to prepare on-boarding plans, track employee reviews; conduct scheduled audits of safety documentation and then prepare timely reports on all of the above;
- Proactive to build a pipeline of talent to foster efficient and prompt filling of vacant roles, and to identify to the Director where safety issues may be arising within the organization;
- Detail-oriented to ensure that all benefits are properly set up and administered for new enrollments.
- A Company Advocate while acting as each candidates’ key point of contact, building interpersonal relationships with clients, during the selection process; and promoting the company as “best in class” and as a “best place to work”.
DO YOU HAVE:
- A University degree in Human Resources Management, Psychology, Communications, or Business. SHRM, CHRP or equivalent designation highly desired
- Three or more years of experience in an HR Generalist role, or the equivalent of education and experience.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbally.
- A proven ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and the demands of the job.
- A High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Understanding of Linkedin Recruiter, Applicant Tracking Systems, and Candidate Management Systems with a demonstrated flare for creating captivating job advertisements.
Catch our vision, join our team!