This is an executive management role responsible for maximizing revenue opportunities, organizational growth and profitability by developing, directing, implementing and profitably executing the business plan through key sales and marketing campaigns, and proposing strategic business direction. The executive is accountable for financial performance, as measured by the approved annual divisional budget and organizational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). By developing an annual operational business plan and budget an individual in this role will establish measurable standards of performance while building superior teams to secure and execute work to ensure planned results. An executive in this role will be a hands-on individual who works closely with all team members to accomplish pre-determined goals through the teams.
This position provides direct oversight to the Project Managers, Estimators, Account Managers and administrative staff.
An executive in this role is responsible for the financial success of the Northern California region. This will be accomplished by driving profitable annual double-digit revenue growth and improving bottom line profits. A leader in the role creates and cultivates a culture of innovation and continuous improvement to ensure RBI’s future profitability and growth.
The success of this role can be gauged by the following metrics:
- Establishing and ensuring the successful execution of the annual business plan
- Corporate attainment of revenue and profitability goals and objectives – delivers the budget
- Profitable and on-time execution of work secured and performed
- Manages and meets deadlines driven by multiple priorities
- Promotes and delivers a safe work environment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, an individual provides leadership to the organization to drive the achievement of the agreed upon and approved business plan, and KPIs by performing the following, where other applicable duties or responsibilities may be assigned from time to time:
- Leads the Business by identifying, pursuing and securing key business development and growthopportunities while establishing organizational metrics for continuous improvement to drive ongoing corporate success and attaining annual fiscal goals.
- Identifies, pursues and secures profitable project opportunities in niche, emerging and key market segments and drives the effective, productive and profitable execution of the projects through field teams;
- Drives the organizational attainment of revenue and profit targets;
- Primary profit and loss responsibility for the assigned region;
- Provides accurate and timely pipeline, potential and secured business status reports as well as project execution updates to the executive management team;
- Builds and maintains relationships with potential and existing key clients;
- Works in collaboration with the President and executive management team to establish and measure strategic short- and long-term business development goals and objectives;
- Participates in the integration of closed mergers and acquisitions.
- Leads the Leaders by providing direction and guidance to sales, pre-construction,construction, and service management and their teams through the development and implementation of short and long-term strategies.
- Plans, staffs and oversees all assigned work unit activities through subordinate managers ensuring efficient and cohesive operational units;
- Provides advice, guidance, and direction to subordinate managers with respect to their professional development;
- Provides leadership in the handover direction from estimation to the project management team, attending the periodic meetings with estimation and project management teams.
- Leads Processes by guiding and coaching the sales, pre-construction, construction, andservice management and their teams in the development, design, operation and improvement of standardized systems and protocols across the entire organization to drive successful strategic execution and extraordinary financial results.
- Coordinates, develops and implements corporate policies, procedures and the applicable organization structure for assigned operational units within the framework of established corporate policy and the RBI Playbook;
- Determines fleet, tool and equipment requirements, and ensures the establishment and maintenance of upkeep requirements in accordance with legislation and policies;
- Reviews contractual agreements to maximize return and mitigate risk;
- Travels to and visits operational units, providing leadership on a regular basis.
- Leads the Teams by training, coaching and educating the Regional GMs, Construction,Preconstruction and Service teams in comprehending and understanding the technical aspects of the business:
- Researches and remains abreast of upcoming and potential industry advances
and changes including processes, systems and equipment;
- Investigates new and emerging markets to capitalize on potential and prepare RBI to maximize opportunities;
- Advises the President on technical, business development and operational issues.
An individual in this role is responsible for the direct management and oversight of the Regional General Managers, Preconstruction, Construction and Service teams.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
An individual in this role is responsible with ensuring that staff who report directly or indirectly to the role work within the established policies, procedures and guidelines of the organization.
The individual ensures that job specific hazards are identified and reviewed with staff and fulfills the Health & Safety requirements for Managers and Supervisors as detailed in the organizations’ Health & Safety program.
QUALIFICATIONS: To successfully perform and execute the requirements of this role, theindividual must hold or exhibit the following qualifications:
Education and/or Experience
A minimum of a University Degree in Business Administration, or 10+ years in an executive operational management role, with extensive construction management knowledge primarily in electrical, in the institutional, commercial and industrial marketplace, or the equivalent of education and experience.
An individual in this role must be able to create written reports, develop policies and procedures, and provide both verbal and written reports and business correspondence to management and subordinate staff in English. Ability to read and interpret complex business journals. Frequent telephone and face to face interaction with clients, contractors and subcontractors, requiring balancing relationship building while driving the organizations budgets and objectives.
Ability to read, interpret, understand and report on periodic business financial statements including Balance Sheets, and Income (P&L) statements. Proven skills to deal with and compute fractions, percentages, costs, gross margins and gross profit, while dealing with WIP, time and material estimates and fluctuating labour rates.
Certificates, Licenses and Registration
Demonstrated ability to read and interpret construction master format series drawings.
In-depth knowledge of the MS-Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project) and Accubid.
On an occasional basis an individual in this position must be able to walk across uneven ground on a construction site. The individual is frequently required to sit at a desk and use a computer to enter or retrieve data and to answer or make telephone calls.
The environments include a range combination of office, shop and field work exposure with varying degrees of hazards potentially present. The office environment is typically quiet with no PPE required to the site location where protective footwear, headwear, ear protection and eye protection are necessary.