RBI is an electrical and communication contracting and services firm and we are expanding our electrical estimating team in the Greater Toronto Area and are seeking an entrepreneurial, growth minded Junior Electrical Estimatorto be part of our team and grow with our group.
If you have an electrical background or education and looking to grow as an estimator, working directly with a seasoned Electrical Estimator, and you are enthused by the idea of putting together electrical estimates for an organization that operates in 4 geographic regions, spread over 3 time zones, across the 2 nations of Canada and the USA, then this opportunity may be ideal for you.
This unique opportunity is entirely focused on electrical estimating, ensuring consistent, accurate, timely and targeted estimates are created and delivered to secure projects that have been targeted though strategic client alliances and nurtured relationships.
In this key electrical estimating role your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and coordinating full cost estimates for conceptual, design-building and bid-spec work using Accubid software;
- Conducting material take-offs and counts both manually and with Live Count;
- Reviewing proposal specifications and drawings to determine the scope of work and required estimate contents;
- Ensuring that detailed, highly accurate quotes prepared in a timely manner;
- Tracking estimate pursuits, successes and misses using sales pipeline software.
As leader who is ideally suited to this role, you will have:
- A recent graduate of an electrical or engineering programming, or have at least 2 years of electrical construction estimating experience;
- AutoCAD software experience;
- Previous experience with Accubid software for creating electrical estimates;
- An understanding of electrical code requirements in both the USA and Canada.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Competitive Wage
- Paid vacation
- Continuing Professional Development funding
- Opportunities for advancement – growing company
- Service recognition awards
- Hiring referral incentives
- Company BBQs and events
- Philanthropy and community involvement
RBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our aim to attract and retain the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or status. Diverse candidates are encouraged to respond. RBI is committed to developing and maintaining a workplace which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in our selection process.