You have the “space.” Now you need to make it your own.
Tenant Improvement, “TI,” sometimes called “Tenant Fit Up,” has its own unique construction characteristics.
The importance of initial mobilization through to occupancy is often more elevated for TI projects than in virtually any other construction model due to a number of factors, including:
- “Surprises” in pre-existing construction not anticipated until demolition/construction has begun.
- Project delays that may force the client to pay premium rental fees to stay in existing premises – which may not even be an available option.
- Mandate to maximize pre-negotiated “free” months of leasehold relocation timing, when applicable.
- Urgency to begin generating revenue as soon as formal occupancy approvals are received.
- Significant challenges in coordinating requirements with landlord and, possibly, other building tenants.
- Critical time-sensitive logistics for seamless communication cutovers to the renovated premises.